Ways to Hydrate Teen’s Face and Body Dry, itchy, winter skin got your teen annoyed and irritated? As if they need anything else contributing to bad attitudes and mood swings. Problem is, depending upon where you live, it’s almost inevitable to experi...
Ways to Hydrate Teen’s Face and Body
Dry, itchy, winter skin got your teen annoyed and irritated? As if they need anything else contributing to bad attitudes and mood swings. Problem is, depending upon where you live, it’s almost inevitable to experience some level of dry skin in winter. That’s because lower humidity levels combined with indoor heating and hot showers degrade the skin’s natural moisture barrier, leaving the skin more susceptible to drying out. And if you’re not locking in natural moisture immediately after washing with a quality kids lotion or moisturizer, dry winter skin is bound to be a problem all season long. It’s not a total loss though – here are some simple solutions to help your teenager’s winter skin problems.
Ways to Hydrate Teen’s Face
With a little effort on your teen’s part, there are steps you can take to keep your teenager’s face hydrated throughout the winter season.
1. Use a gentle kids face wash –a gentle face wash as part of your teen’s morning and evening skin routine won’t clog pores while removing dirt and impurities, leaving their skin’s natural moisture barriers intact.
2. Follow up with a hydrating moisturizer – regardless of skin type, if you’re not moisturizing immediately after washing your face, you’re missing out on a vital opportunity to seal in moisture and keep your skin hydrated. The best way to moisturize your skin is to slather on a moisturizer while your skin is still moist from washing.
3. Wipe your face with hydrating cleansing wipes if you’re feeling dry throughout the day – using a spray or cleansing wipe during the day when your skin is feeling tighter than usual will relieve tightness and help renew hydration and moisture.
Tip: Take your TBH Kids’ Kids Gentle Facial Wipes on the go. If you’re starting to feel tightness anywhere on your face, use a wipe to rehydrate the area to prevent flakiness and peeling.
Don’t forget – your teen’s skin is unique and different than others, and sometimes healing dry skin can be a process. Encourage your teen to be patient and wait for the results.
Ways to Hydrate Teen’s Body
While your teen’s winter face routine is important, their body needs hydrating skin care too. Though it may seem like your face and body have different skincare needs, they actually are quite similar and you can have a little fun with it!
1. Use a kids body wash that contains hydrating natural ingredients – mild body wash cleansers with natural ingredients including citrus, sage, and cedar bark, don’t strip away the body’s natural moisture barrier while gently washing away dirt, dead skin cells, and buildup. Vitamin C is the secret to citrus fruits’ skin rejuvenation capabilities. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) prevents dry winter skin by helping to maintain skin’s elasticity, fighting free radicals, improves wound healing, acts as antioxidant support, and boosts collagen production. Sage isn’t only good for clearing bad energy, it can also improve the skin’s appearance by cleansing and exfoliating the skin to relieve and improve skin conditions including acne, athlete’s foot, and chapped skin. Finally, cedar bark works like an astringent to temporarily tone and tighten your teenager’s skin.
2. Immediately apply a kids lotion after bathing or washing your hands – show your body a little TLC too by slathering on a kids lotion immediately after you get out of the shower or bath while your skin is still damp to plug the spaces between your skin cells and seal in moisture. Try this little trick to lock in moisture on your hands and feet – before your teen gets into bed, apply kids lotion to hands and feet, then slip on some gloves and socks. In the AM their hands and feet will feel good as new. Don’t forget lips – stash a moisturizing lip balm in your teen’s jacket pocket or backpack.
3. Use a natural kids deodorant that will absorb moisture without causing dry skin – look for a natural deodorant for your teenager that contains arrowroot powder. Arrowroot powder absorbs moisture and keeps odors to a minimum without irritating or causing a rash for sensitive skin.
TBH Kids has a special offer for your teenager’s dry skin! Why spend so much money buying individual products. TBH Kids has a Mood Booster Kit that contains every product needed to combat dry winter skin. Containing natural ingredients like murumuru butter, cedar bark, calendula, and cucumber, all products are cruelty free and free of harsh chemicals.